Saturday, February 23, 2008

Memed

Wendy at COPD-Caregiving Is NOT For Wimps! tagged me for a meme. That means I'm suposed to answer some questions about myself.

If you could do anything you want to, what would it be?
If you could paint the (whole) world one color what would it be?
Would you rather be an animal or a person?
If you said animal, which one?
Add your own question.

1. If I could do anything I wanted, I would effectively persuade the United States Government to stop all torture of prisoners and refuse to participate in extradition. Mother Jones showed up in my mailbox today, the whole issue on torture by the USA. I hang my head in sadness over our conduct.

2. I'd paint the world the color of sunlight. Except at night.

3. I'd rather be a person. A person who knows she is an animal and treats her body accordingly. This morning I was thinking my body would probably like to be taken out for a walk, every day.

4. If I were to be an animal, I'd like to be Luna, my cat. Just for a few days. Then I could return to myself and understand her better. You know, like in those movies where the moms and daughters switch roles.

5. My question: If you could give someone a single book, excluding religious texts, to help them with their life, what would it be? A few years back I gave both my kids a book called A Life of One's Own by Joanna Field. I don't believe either of them has read it.

Edit: Wendy commented with the reminder that I was supposed to tag 5 others as part of this meme. OK. OK. (for some reason I feel a bit shy about doing it) I tag Fran at Sacred Ordinary, Cheryl of Art In Everyday, Marianne at Busha Full of Grace, Elaine at Miss Elaine-ous Life, and Taru at Powerful Aging. These are all wonderful women with diverse styles. Check them out.

4 comments:

MizMell said...

Reading your thoughts has me convinced we must be twins, separated at birth!
These days, I have taken a "greatest good for the greatest number" approach to everyday living.

Wendy said...

Aren't these meme's fun? BTW - where does the word meme come from? In french it means "self" or "the same". Moi-meme means myself.
Your comment about turning yourself into a cat reminds me of my mother. She used to watch our cat stretching in the afternoon sun; then she'd say "when I come back in my next life, I'm going to be a cat!"

I'd like to check out that book "A Life of One's Own". Sounds interesting.
Don't give up hope. When the kids are ready, they'll pick up that book.
Thanks for playing. Now you've gotta "tag" some more people. LOL!

Judith Shapiro said...

Your answers are lovely, really lovely.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag, I like this. Although I JUST (as in tonight) participated in another one, so it may take me a few days to post this one - but don't worry, I will (not that you would worry...)

It's gonna be hard for me to come up with that last one anyway.

I especially like your answers to 1 and 2.