Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Susan Boyle Dreamed a Dream

Susan Boyle - yesterday a woman with a dream - today a star!

If you haven't seen her performance on youtube here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk or just google Susan Boyle. (The youtube video has had over a million views.)

I especially loved it because I think it touches something very deep in us, the awareness that our appearance doesn't define us. This video shows how easily we forget that. We know that we are so much more that our ordinary looks or lapses of memory. It's thrilling to be reminded.

Susan Boyle's gift is an incredible voice and masterful delivery. If you dine with my friend, Sheila, you will be given nourishing, healthy, food that is almost too beautiful to eat. My husband, Sam, just wrote the sweetest song for his guitar teacher entitled Bill and His Birthday Cat. My sister, Barrie, delights children of all ages with stories and puppets. My friend, Gail, takes wonderful photos to share with friends and family. My NIA teacher, Rachael, makes dance class feel like a physical way to worship God/Goddess.

Each of us has something special to share with the world. When I hear Susan Boyle(someone who looks a lot like me) sing I Dreamed A Dream, I'm inspired to keep polishing my own talents. Mastery is an offering.

_________________________________________________________________
Is a nagging Inner Critic putting a drag on your energy? Wouldn't it be great to create harmony with all parts of yourself? I invite you to my website Life in the Flow Lane to learn more.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for having this link. My husband wanted to watch her sing and I ahd deleted it from my email. I sure hope she has more than this 15 minutes of fame! Wow!

Lydia said...

Susan Boyle is a marvel and we've watched this video over and over. It brings chills each time. I've seen your photo, however, and don't agree that you look like her.

Your husband's song is one I'd love to hear. Actually every person you highlighted here for their special gifts sounds wonderful!

Thank you for the important reminder that our looks, especially as we change with aging, aren't the defining part of who we truly are.
xo

Alice said...

But you should have remembered to include yourself: you write lovely blogs.

sharryb said...

Hi Lydia,
I don't look exactly like Susan B., but I look a lot more like her than the stunning gorgeous panal of judges. I look like her in the sense of ordinary. I see she has gotten a wee makeover. Me too. I just bought two new pair of glasses. :)

Hi Alice,
Thanks so much for your comment and compliment. I consider it high praise coming from you. I've been neglectful of my blog of late, working hard on building a business guiding people into the flow lane. Hugs.