Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ActiveWords! Yes!

My right arm's been achy from way too many mouse clicks. I was looking for more short cuts and found something fabulous. ActiveWords.

ActiveWords is a computer application you download that saves you time as well as wear and tear on the body. You can try it for two months free to see if it fits your needs. At $49.95 (for personal use) I consider it a bargain.

Here is what it does: creates keyboard short cuts for everything you do, from opening web pages and documents to creating formatted letter to correcting your (my!) bad spelling. I found it easy to use, and the support is terrific should you need help.

When using ActiveWords you also are using your own memory because you are memorizing the shortcuts (of course they are available - easily - if you forget). I've found the whole ActiveWords experience to be a lot of fun because it's a creative learning experience with a great payoff: faster computing, improved memory, and shoulders and arms that say "Thanks, that really helped."

No comments: