Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes! Yes! Yes We Can!

Cincinnati, Ohio, November 2, Barack Obama again told the American people what he believes.

We don't need to keep talking about big government versus small government. That's old thinking. We need smart government...We don't need money or reform for education. We need both.... We aren't red states and blue states, we're the United States.

Obama is a Both/And President! I'm awed and grateful that he will lead us for the next eight years. As I've sweated and fretted out the days before we actually crossed the finish line, I've listened to American Prayer by Dave Stewart dozens of times and made the SoulCollage card pictured here.

American Prayer ends with words from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. about reaching the Promised Land followed by this refrain:

When you get to the top of the mountain
Will you tell me what you see
If you get to the top of the mountain
Remember me

My personal American prayer is that we continue the work started by courageous men and women before us, the work of choosing to create a country where love is more powerful than fear.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I popped over from Ronni's TGB this morning. Great collage. Thanks for sharing it.
I browsed just a bit and really like what I see. I'll be back again. You sound like a friend already.

Elderwoman said...

I love the card, Sharry. You say so much in your creations. Wonderful!

Lydia said...

Your SoulCollage would be just a beautiful addition if used in some manner for his Inauguration. Are you in touch with anyone from the campaign who would be able to pull strings to have it seen by "the team"?
(I'm just catching up on your two last posts. I entered your blog to "follow" at Blogger and for some reason when I click on the link it brings up a Blogger Q&A site! The others I added worked great. So I guess I'll cancel the Follow and add it again....gads!)

Anonymous said...

Love that collage!

clairz said...

Sharry, thank you for your comment on the Elder Storytelling Place. Love your collage, your sentiments, and the MLK quote. You made tears come to my eyes (again).

~ Sil in Corea said...

Thank you! I'm in the same boat as clairz, wet-eyed in response to your art, both visual and verbal. We have hope, after years of fear.

Lisa said...

I love your story about the tree above and to have it moved to Faith st. is just too good.

I spent a great portion of my morning reading Obama's website and looking at his flickr pics (how cool is that?) and had decided I would make a SoulCollage card to honor him in my community. I'm so happy to see yours here! Life is just so good.